Capitol Conversations: Meeting the Challenge of Change
- Sunday, January 31-Wednesday, February 3, 2016
- Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC
- Register Today!
The premier policy and advocacy event for private, nonprofit higher education, NAICU’s Annual Meeting is designed to brief college and university presidents, government and public relations personnel, as well as the presidents of state and mission-specific higher education associations, on the most urgent policy issues affecting higher education.
The meeting features remarks from:
- Hon. Ben Sasse (R-NE), U.S. Senator
- Timothy H. "Tim" Bishop, Distinguished Professor of Civic Engagement and Public Service, St. Joseph's College (NY) and Former Member, U.S. House of Representatives
- Michael S. McPherson, Ph.D., President, Spencer Foundation
- Michael Gerson, Nationally Syndicated Op-Ed Columnist, The Washington Post, and Former Assistant to President George W. Bush for Policy & Strategic Planning
- Phillip C. Stone, Esq., President, Sweet Briar College (VA)
This year's meeting will kick-off with the Charles Cook/Stuart Rothenberg "Presidential Handicapper" Reception providing meeting attendees with the opportunity to hear two of the foremost political reporters assess the 2016 Presidential Election races.
Don't forget to register for the Government Relations and Public Relations Academies, two of the most popular annual sessions.
Attendees also spend part of Tuesday on Capitol Hill visiting with their elected representatives as part of Advocacy Day. Much is at stake for NAICU members, making it critically important to take the case for private, nonprofit higher education to the Hill.
Plan to be in Washington for these important conversations and for the learning, sharing and networking that are part of the NAICU Annual Meeting.