JW Marriott Washington Hotel
1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW, Washington, DC 20004
Your Voice Matters...
With a new Adminstration and a new Congress convening in January, it has never been more important for NAICU members to positively, and passionately, join together to discuss current and emerging public policy questions.
Presidents of private, nonprofit colleges and universities as well as their government relations, communications and institutional research professionals are cordially invited to attend the 2017 NAICU Annual Meeting, January 29-February 1, 2017. You are also encouraged to participate in the 5th Annual Advocacy Day on January 31.
Proposals being made on the campaign trial will have serious consequences for private, nonprofit colleges and universities, and the students you serve. Some proposals could reverse decades of policy focused on providing federal aid to help low-income students attend the college best suited for their needs.
During the Annual Meeting, NAICU will launch its Student Choice Initiative which will serve as a thematic centerpiece for our sessions and provide attendees with resources to promote private colleges and universities and the role they play in educating students from all backgrounds. Among the other highlights:
- Introduction of the bi-partisan Congressional Independent College Caucus
- Charles E. Cook, Jr., Editor and Publisher, The Cook Political Report and Columnist, National Journal
- Judy Woodruff, Co-Anchor and Managing Editor, PBS NewsHour
- Jonathan Rauch, Senior Fellow in Governance Studies, Brookings Institution, and Contributing Editor, National Journal and The Atlantic
- J.D. Vance, Author of The New York Times bestseller Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
- Mike McCurry, Distinguished Professor of Public Theology, Wesley Theological Seminary, and Former Press Secretary for President Bill Clinton
Much will be at stake for our students and campuses as the new Administration and the 115th Congress are sworn in next January. Please join us for these important conversations on issues that will have a lasting impact on the future of private, nonprofit higher education.
NAICU thanks the following sponsors for their support of the
2017 Annual Meeting & Advocacy Day: